30A Area Beach and Community Updates
On behalf of the entire 30A Vacay family, we want you to know our priority is the safety of our guests, staff, and housekeeping teams. We continue to monitor the CDC and work with local officials to stay up to date on the most current information in the 30A Walton County area. When you plan your vacation you can rest assured that we have implemented enhanced protocols to our policy, operation procedures and health and sanitation guidelines to ensure you receive excellent service you have come to expect from us.
We have included below updates for our Flexible Booking & Worry Free Credit / Cancellation Policy, Location Beach and Community Updates, and the latest Florida News & Updates from Governor DeSantis and the Walton County.
- Flexible Booking & Worry Free Credit / Cancellation Policy
- Location Beach and Community Updates,
- Florida News & Updates
The 30A Vacay Team
30A Vacay remains committed to our guests to help them book with confidence and peace of mind. With this in mind, we have outlined below our cancellation policy. Our Reservations Team is here to answer any of your questions regarding your reservation. Please feel free to reach us at 850.696.0936.
Flexible Booking & Worry-Free Credits/Cancellation Policy
NEW RESERVATIONS MADE BETWEEN JULY 2 AND AUGUST 14, 2020RESERVATIONS MADE BETWEEN JULY 2 and AUGUST 14: : Guest who made a *new reservation with an effective date after July 2, 2020 and August 15,2020 for arrival between August 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 may reschedule any time during the 12-month period of the original arrival date.
- The guest must provide notice to 30A Vacay that it desires to reschedule at least 7 days prior to the original arrival date, and at such time the guest will receive a credit for the full reservation amount to be used in this 12-month period.
- If the future reservation amount is less than the full amount of the credit, the remaining credit balance will carry over and may be used on an additional reservation within this 12-month window.
- If the future reservation amount is higher than the original credit amount, the guest must pay the difference in full upon booking the future reservation.
- A credit may only be used by the original guest and is not transferable under any circumstances. Any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period will be forfeited.
CANCELLATIONS: For Reservations booked between July 2, 2020 and August 14,2020 Cancellations are allowed up to 21 days before the original arrival date if the original arrival date falls between the dates of July 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. In such instances, the full amount of your payment will be refunded less a $250 cancellation fee.
BALANCE DUE: The final balance due for any reservation booked between July 2, 2020 and August 14, 2020 with an arrival date between August 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will be due 30 days prior to the arrival date.
NEW RESERVATIONS AFTER AUGUST 15, 2020NEW RESERVATIONS AFTER AUGUST 15: Guest who make a new reservation with an effective date after August 15, 2020 may cancel by notifying the manager in writing at least ninety (90) calendar days prior to your Check-In date (“Cancellation Period”).* In such instances, the full amount of your advance payment will be refunded less $250 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel a stay or a portion of a stay after the Cancellation Period, between 45 days and 90 days, you will forfeit your full prepayment.
- If you cancel within 45 days of your arrival date you will forfeit the full amount of your rental.
- No discount to the total booking charges or any refunds will be given for any adjustments or changes to your reservation after the Cancellation Period for any reason, including late arrivals, early departures, inclement weather, maintenance and/or housekeeping issues, failure, outages or noise.
Note: This This applies to all homes in Watercolor, WaterSound, WaterSound West, Rosemary Beach, Blue Mountian Beach, Seacrest Beach, Seagrove, Seaside, Adagio, Miramar, and Villa Coyaba.
- Walton County beaches are open to the public, although there are restrictions in place.
- Beach vending, including chair rentals, are available.
- CDC social distancing guidelines apply. (6’ distancing with no more than 10 gathered)
- No events, fires, gatherings etc… until approved by the Walton County Commission.
SeasideBeginning June 26, 2020, the Seaside Commercial District will enforce a new curfew, closing the Commercial District at 8 p.m for anyone under 21 unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 21. Three full-service restaurants will remain open past 8 p.m. by reservation only: Bud & Alley’s, Pizza Bar, and Great Southern. These restaurants will operate at a limited capacity and will require their employees to wear masks in addition to following stringent cleaning and safety protocols.
We continue to open parts of the Club for members and paid guests in a limited capacity. The Tennis Courts are open, please call the Pro Shop for reservations and more information, 850-231-2214. The West and Adult Pools are open for members and paid guests. The Fitness Center, Yoga, Playground, and Family Pool remain closed. The Croquet Lawn is open for use. A handwashing station has been placed near the lawn and on the tennis patio for all to utilize.
- The West & Adult Pools will be open from 8 am until 8 pm, weather permitting
- The hours of 8 am until 10 am will be reserved for lap swimming at the West Pool
- Maximum occupancy of the West Pool area shall be 35 persons & 18 persons at the Adult Pool
- Occupancy will be on a first come first served basis
- Please maintain 6ft distance from Club staff and any others that you are not residing with
- Towel service will be unavailable, please bring your own towel
- The grill at the West Pool will not be open
- Chairs will be spaced 6 ft apart; we ask that you do not move the chairs
- Chair cushions will be absent
- Umbrellas will be raised by Club staff; we ask that you do not move or adjust the umbrellas.
- Club staff will be available to assist with umbrellas Club staff will monitor the entrance door and will be conducting regular and frequent cleaning of all pool areas
- Please wash your hands often
- Please do not come to the pool if you display any symptoms that could be related to Covid19
- Please do not enter the water with any cuts, scrapes, or any type of skin break
- Diapered children MUST utilize wading pool only (West Pool)
- The Adult Pool is for adult members & guests only
- Beach Club hours will be from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. (weather permitting). Amenity cards are required to enter the Beach Club. Phased closures will begin at 5 p.m. for cleaning.
- Guests should maintain proper physical-distancing of 6 ft. or more and not gather in groups larger than 10 people.
- Lounge chairs will be spaced 6 ft. apart and sanitized after each use (please do not move furniture).
- Towel service will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact.
- Leaving personal towels as a “space saver” is not allowed; all towels left on an unattended lounger for more than 30 minutes will be removed by staff and properly sanitized.
- Pool decks will be closed in phases for proper sanitation procedures beginning at 5 p.m. daily; signage will be posted to notify guests of closures.
Beginning Wednesday, June 17, the WaterColor Grill (Pizzeria) will be open for dinner service from 5 – 9 p.m.
- WC Grill Bar: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Costa Chica Bar: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tiki Bar: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Poolside Dining (now offering full poolside menu): 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Costa Chica & WaterColor Grill: Limited Menu served from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.; beverages served from 11 a.m.- Sunset.
Tiki Bar, located at the end of the beach boardwalk is serving beverages from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Please note – hours of operation subject to change depending on business volumes and staffing levels*
- Camp WaterColor is open from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- The Canteen at Camp WaterColor is offering their full menu, including their Deep South Freeze Happy Hour from 5-6 p.m.
- The tubes at the lazy river are back out and available. Sanitizer is provided at the tube pick-up location. Please sanitize tube surface and then rinse both sides in the water prior to use.
- Towel service will not be available to reduce unnecessary contact.
- Personal coolers are not permitted on the pool deck at Camp WaterColor.
The Marina and Dragonfly Pools are open from 9 a.m. – sunset, and the Sand Hill Pool is open from 9 a.m. – sunset for general swimming, but will be open and available beginning at 7 a.m. for lap swimmers.
Lounges on the pool decks are spaced for separation. Please do not move the furniture.
For the Marina pool, Sand Hill pool, Dragonfly pool and the island at the lazy river at Camp WaterColor, there is a pump sprayer on the pool deck for guests to sanitize their lounges before/after use.
Guests are reminded to maintain physical distancing guidelines of 6 feet between groups and not gathering in groups larger than 10 people.
The playground has been reopened. Waiver of liability signage has been posted. Children should only play with family members or persons residing in the same WaterColor residence. Wash hands immediately before and after use. Parents should ensure that their children minimize physical contact with surfaces that may be touched by other persons.
The basketball hoops have been reinstalled with a waiver of liability signage posted. Bring your own basketball and clean it before and after use. Guests should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people who are not in your immediate family or residing in your WaterColor residence. The soccer field net has been reinstalled. Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other people who are not in your immediate family or residing in your WaterColor residence.
The WaterColor Tennis Center is open 7 days a week with some guidelines. They are allowing singles and doubles play with a maximum of 4 people per court. The pro shop is currently open from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. You can reserve courts and set up private and group lessons by calling the shop at 850-400-3696 or on the online booking system.
Drills are back! Space is limited (max. of 6 player per court). Sign up and prepay early to reserve your spot. Drills are from 8 – 9 a.m. Monday-Friday and at 9 -10 a.m. every day.
There will be a waiver to be signed before tennis play or lessons can begin for each individual. The Tennis Center is following USTA Guidelines as well as the following:
- No water, cups, towels, etc. provided to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Ice machine stays locked. A limited number of people in the pro shop at a time.
- Charges can be made over phone or at the tennis center.
- On-court lesson guidelines: limit of 4 people per court plus 1 pro.
- Sanitizer is available in pro shop and on the court.
- Lesson participants must leave the area before the next lesson begins
- No social gathering before or after play and/or lessons
Boathouse Paddle Club
The BoatHouse is open for paid kayak and paddleboard rentals with the limited hours of 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- WaterColor WorkOut Facility is open with staffed hours, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. 24-Hour Membership Access is available for and additional fee. In accordance with the government guidelines, the following measures will be in effect:
- Gyms may operate at full capacity with appropriate social distancing and frequent sanitation.
- Patrons must wash hands pre/post-workout
- Patrons are required to sanitize all equipment after each use; disinfecting stations will be located throughout the workout area.
- Equipment must remain in existing location to maintain social distancing. Moving the equipment is prohibited, for your safety.
- Shower and lockers will be closed off from use during after hours, and available during daytime hours.
- Towel services at the gym will resume. Patrons are asked to dispose of in the bin(s) provided.
- Fitness classes will be subject to social distancing guidelines, limiting availability. They recommend signing up soon. Aqua Aerobics classes are Tuesday/Thursday at 8 a.m. Yoga classes are Mondays at 8:30 a.m. and Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. Please check in at WaterColor Workout registration desk 15 minutes prior to class. Call 850-534-5950 or email [email protected] to sign up or with any questions.
- Enhanced Sanitation/Disinfecting protocols with hourly staff cleaning rotations will be in place.
As of May 1, our beaches are open with the following restrictions until further notice, as voted upon by the Walton County Board of Commissioners and in line with the CDC’s recommendations.
The only permitted beach activities are: sunbathing, walking, jogging, fishing, swimming, paddleboarding, boating and surfing.
Beach chair/umbrella setups are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in WaterColor; details for booking a beach setup may be found here. All guests will need to vacate their beach chairs promptly at 4 p.m. to allow for proper sanitation. Any violation will result in the forfeit of beach setup reservations for the remainder of the year.
Rented Beach Setups are set in an alternating “checkerboard” pattern to allow for proper physical distancing. Click here for a current diagram of the current layout.
The use of personal beach equipment (including chairs, umbrellas, etc.) is allowed, but they must not be placed in front of WaterColor Beach Setups. Personal beach equipment may be placed behind WaterColor Sets or on the adjacent public beach and may not be left there overnight.
Paddleboard (SUP), kayak and canoe rentals are available at the beach, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Hourly fees apply.
All visitors to the beach must adhere to the CDC guidelines of social-distancing, including no gatherings of more than 10 people and 6 ft. or more in between groups.
The following stores will be open:
- The Watercolor Store
- The Wine Bar | 11 AM-9 PM
- Beachfolly Indigo | 10 AM-3 PM
- The Candy Bar | 10 AM-6 PM
- The Barefoot Princess & Island Clothiers
- Open Monday – Thursday from 9am to 8pm.
- The lazy river is open, but there will not be any floats allowed at this time.
- WaterSound Beach Club will only allow one towel per guest.
- Open: Tee times are required in advance and are based on availability.
- As of Friday, May 1, Members will be allowed to bring up to 3 accompanied guests per day. Unaccompanied guest play will be available on a limited basis and controlled by the golf staff.
- The restriction of one person per cart will be lifted as of May 1. We encourage people to ride together to help preserve the conditions of the golf course due to the high volume of play.
- The Clubhouse will open beginning Monday, May 4
- All seating will be appropriately spaced out according to the social distancing guidelines and we will monitor the 25% occupancy requirement as set forth by the state A limited breakfast menu will be served from 7:30 AM – 11 AM
- A limited lunch menu will be served from 11 AM – 3 PM
- Beverage service from will be available from 7:30 AM – 7 PM
- The Shark Shack located by the practice facility will continue the daily to-go food and drink offerings.
- We continue to follow all CDC recommendations and sanitation protocols throughout the property.
- Open for Member, resident, and public play starting Monday, May 4
- Tee times will be available Monday – Sunday beginning at 7:30 AM
- The golf course will continue to be closed on Wednesdays for course maintenance
Closed as of March 16 for previously scheduled golf course renovations and construction on the planned amenity expansion. Stay updated on construction progress at CampCreekMasterPlan.com.
- All pool areas are subject to published practices consistent with social distancing.
- All lounge chairs should remain separated by 6 feet spacing.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people in close proximity are strictly prohibited. Family groups from the same household may be in close proximity, subject to review, and possible questioning by Security or HOA staff.
- HOA and Security personnel will closely monitor the pool areas. For everyone’s safety, they will disperse any group of 10 or more persons and ask that 6-foot spacing is maintained.
- Pool capacity will be restricted to the published maximums.
- HOA personnel will strive to keep lounge chairs and other areas clean on a regular basis. However, the use of the pool is at your own risk (see attached below).
- We ask that you use towels or beach blankets to cover the lounge chairs during use to further impede any transfer of germs.
The Board is taking these steps on a trial basis in an attempt to reopen the pools. If the guidelines on social distancing and/or common-sense use of the pools are not followed, the Board has no remedy but to close the pools until safe conditions can be maintained. The Board will periodically review the situation with the pools and close the pools to all use, if violations regularly occur. Prudent use and adherence to established guidelines is under your control and will determine the availability of the pools for all Owners. Please be respectful and prudent in your actions.
The Bridges pool is open! The Bridges pool area will be limited to 20 persons.
The Crossings pool is open but limited to 18 people in the pool at one time.
The Compass Point pool is open and requires social distancing regulations be followed at all times.
The Dunesider pool is open and will be limited to 58 people in the pool at one time.
- Please limit your time on all pool decks to 2 hours due to the limited capacity.
- When using the pool furniture, please use germ sanitizing product before and after use; PRODUCT MUST DRY 2 MINUTES TO BE EFFECTIVE. We request that you bring your own personal beach towel. After spraying the lounge chair please wait the two minutes for sanitizing before placing your personal towel on chaise before use. Please spray lounger on departure.
- PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE FURNITURE. The pool lounge chairs should be at least six feet apart at all times.
- Social distancing should be observed.
If you are experiencing any of the known symptoms of COVID-19, or if within the past 14 days you have come into contact with anyone suspected of infection or who is experiencing such symptoms, you should immediately cease using all recreational amenities at WaterSound Beach and take steps as recommended by the CDC for minimizing the exposure of other persons to possible contagion.
Please understand that self-monitoring and cooperation by every individual is required as the HOA needs your cooperation in monitoring and enforcing the guidelines above. Based on previous experience, we are concerned that the social distancing/physical separation guidelines will not be followed. Any recurring violations could result in the suspension of privileges or closing of the pools.
- OPEN: 7 DAYS A WEEK
- Serving: BREAKFAST AND LUNCH – sandwiches, burgers, salads, chicken etc.
- Drinks: Fountain, Beer, Wine
- Dip and Dots ice cream!!
- We’ve got what you forgot – everything from sunscreen, ketchup, first aid items, milk, cleaning supplies, and even TOILET PAPER!
Common Area Restrooms
All restrooms except for the public restroom outside the HOA office and Bruno’s pizza are closed. Upon opening of the related pool, the restrooms at the Bridges pool area and the Dunesider pool will be open.
All open areas remain subject to practices consistent with social distancing. No HOA property (i.e., putters and golf balls) will be provided for individual use. Use of these open areas MUST be consistent with the EO and is at each individual’s personal decision. Use at your own risk. WSB Security personnel will patrol all common areas and will disperse any group of 10 or more persons congregating in Common Areas.
The Prominence pool will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. with 40 people allowed inside the pool gate for 1 1/2 hours at a time. Everyone will be cleared out at the end of 1 1/2 hours for the pool area to be cleaned before the next entry time. Entry times are 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. Directional arrows have been added to the sidewalk/ramp area to delineate line formation. Your entire party needs to be in line for entry. The only exception would be small children. Entry is still at the north gate near the mailboxes with check-in with the security officer. Directional arrows have been added to the sidewalk/ramp area to delineate line formation. Your entire party needs to be in line for entry. The only exception would be small children.
- NO FOOD WILL BE ALLOWED, DRINKS ONLY, NO GLASS
- BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS – NO SEATING WILL BE PROVIDED
- GRILL AREA IS CLOSED
The fitness room will also be open during pool hours on a first-come basis for 1-hour time slots, as due to the size of the room only 1 person or family group will be allowed at a time. Check-in with security at the north gate also.
Rosemary BeachPools — The 4 community pools (Barbados, Cabana, Coquina, and Sky pools) are open. These pools will then be open daily on a “first come, first served” basis (no reservations) and as follows:
- The pools will be open from 9AM to 5PM each day for general use. A POA staff person will be present to check amenity passes, generally monitor activity, and to keep furniture and supplies in order.
- Social distance and personal hygiene per CDC guidelines will be required as a condition of entering the facility, and patrons not complying will be asked to leave. Masks are discretionary, and should not be worn while swimming.
- Additionally, the SKY pool will be open from 6AM to 9AM each morning for Lap Swim only, and POA staff will monitor on an hourly basis to check amenity passes and generally monitor activity.
- Seating capacity (furniture) will be reduced to provide 6 feet of spacing between sets of loungers. Furniture may not be moved without staff permission and assistance.
- Staff will sanitize frequently touched surfaces such as door/gate hardware, restrooms, pool railings, and furniture not less than once daily, and will ensure that there is an adequate supply of hand sanitizer and wipes available for patron use while using the facility.
- Staff will have the discretion to limit the number of patrons/bathers or temporarily close a pool if conditions are such that social distance and personal hygiene are excessively difficult to maintain, such as due to excessive numbers of patrons present, running out of sanitizing supplies, or a need to clean or re-establish furniture layout.
Scheduled to open officially on Monday, April 27th to members only. Local memberships and day/week passes available for purchase. Guest use will be reinstated once the vacation rental ban is lifted.
Beach Accesses - The Rosemary beaches are open with the following rules:
- Beach bonfires will resume immediately (with alternate furniture layout for social distancing). To facilitate bonfires, the beach hours are extended until 10PM each night, and the beach will then remain closed until 5AM the following morning.
- In addition to regulations noted in Walton County Ordinance 2020-35, tents and fishing are not permitted. Persons will maintain 15 feet of social distance between families and will limit the overall size of groups to no more than 10 persons.
- The 50-foot gaps at each walkover will be resumed, with the 15’ spacing as noted above. Beach Service staff will place markers out each morning to designate the spaces/spots that are available, typically 3 rows of 2 (6 total spots) at each walkover, assuming the beach is deep enough for 3 rows. The gap spaces are available on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Areas outside the gaps not occupied by RBPOA chair sets that allow for 15’ spacing may also be used for non-rental spaces/spots, patrons wishing to use these spaces should inform a Beach Attendant when they arrive at the beach.
- Rosemary will cease staffing at the beach walkovers at the end of the day Thursday, June 4th, and return all 9 walkovers to normal use thereafter. We will continue to sanitize the walkovers at least once daily, and we encourage all owners and guests to be responsible for their personal hygiene when moving about the community.
- Please park bikes at Eastern or Western Green when using Walkovers C/D or G/H; bikes blocking walkways may be relocated by POA Staff.
- Pools – We have established two five hour time periods for use of our Beach and Lagoon Pool amenities from 8:00am – 1:00pm and from 2:00pm – 7:00pm. The Lagoon Pool hours will be 8:00am – 7:00pm during this period. The one hour break in between periods allows for cleaning beach chairs and pool bathrooms and chairs. We have divided the Seacrest community into the East and West side by address and will be distributing two different colored wristbands to guests each week upon Check-In to identify this East/West delineation. Owners will follow the East/West schedule based upon their address. We published a chart on the Seacrest Beach Community website that you can reference by address to determine if you fall on the East or West side if you have any question. In the event a group traveling together rented homes on opposing sides we would provide them the same colored wristband so they could vacation together.A chart is available on the website and will be distributed during Check-In that reflects the amenity use schedule by time period. For example, on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday the East Side will be enjoying the Beach Experience in the morning hours and the Lagoon Pool in the afternoon. The West Side will be reversed and will enjoy the Lagoon Pool in the morning and the Beach Experience in the afternoon. Our Lagoon Pool Staff and the LDV Beach Ambassadors will sound a horn at 1:00pm to announce the end of the morning period. We ask that you vacate the beach or pool area as quickly as possible. Everyone will need to exit at this time. Because we realize everyone has their own favorite period to enjoy the amenities and to be as equitable as possible – we will reverse this schedule on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Beach – Open
- Pool — The pool and grill area will open similar to the beach opening. All owners and guests are expected to follow social distancing requirements in and around the pool. Pool furniture has been spaced out with a goal to assist with social distancing; please do not move the furniture. Since we do not have a pool attendant, owners and guests are asked to clean the pool furniture before and after use (bring your own wipes). &nb sp;You may also bring your own chairs (with appropriate social distancing) if preferred, but please remove all items when you leave the area.
- The fitness center will remain closed. **Note that Executive Order 20-122 prohibits the opening of gyms/fitness centers until further notice.
- The spa will remain closed until further notice.
- The Owners Lounge will remain closed until further notice.
- The beaches within Walton County, are now open for normal beach activities. However, the following restrictions are in place so long at the Local State of Emergency remains in effect: (a) all permits for vending are suspended, and no vending on the beach shall be permitted; (b) special events on the beach shall be suspended, and no special events are permitted; (c) all permits for fires on the beach shall be suspended, and no fire permits shall be issued; and (d) in accordance with the Governor’s earlier Executive Order, groups of more than ten (10) people are prohibited, and a minimum of six (6) feet for social distancing shall apply.
Villages of South Walton Beach and Pool Information
Please review the following information regarding beach access times and pool capacity restrictions for your upcoming stay in the Villages of South Walton. We look forward to your stay!
Due to Covid-19 it is necessary to limit how many people can be on the private beach access at a time.
To control the amount of people guests of The Village will have access during the following times:
Saturday Open to everyone
Sunday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Monday 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesday 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Friday 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The beach will be closed daily from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. for cleaning. Saturday is open to everyone as long as overcrowding doesn’t occur. Saturday is usually slower as it is check in/out day for a lot of people.
The pool is open regular hours but limited to 25 guests at a time
Latest News and Updates - Covid 19
UPDATES AS OF MAY 19, 2020
Vacation Rentals can now once again rent in Walton County, as long as they are following the guidelines set out by the BCC. As part of the governor's reopening plan, reservations cannont be accept for dates within the next 45 days (as of 5/19) from the following states, which are deemed COVID-19 hotspots: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana.
UPDATES AS OF APRIL 29, 2020
UPDATES AS OF APRIL 28, 2020
During the Walton County Board of County Commissioner's (WCBCC) meeting that took place beginning at 9:00 a.m., this morning, Tuesday, April 28th, the following action was taken by the WCBCC regarding the opening of the Beaches of Walton County.
The WCBCC has passed Resolution 2020-35, which updates the County's Local State of Emergency.
This Resolution was passed with the following language regarding the opening of Walton County's beaches and parks which will become effective on Friday, May 1st.
Beginning on Friday, at 12:01 a.m. May 1, 2020, the beaches within Walton County, Florida will be open with the following restrictions:
All permits for vending on the beach shall be suspended and no vending on the beach, including private beaches, shall be permitted while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.
All permits for beach bonfires shall be suspended. No beach bonfire permits will be issued while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.
All special events on the beach shall be suspended and no special events on the beach shall be permitted while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.
Individuals on the beach shall limit their activities to walking, jogging, fishing, swimming, paddleboarding, surfing and boating.
Groups of more than ten (10) people are prohibited, and a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing shall apply.
As part of the action taken by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners during today's meeting, members of the public are permitted to bring their chairs, umbrellas and tents to the beach. Regarding tents and umbrellas, the public must adhere to the guidelines as set forth in the County's current Waterways and Beach Activities Ordinance.
Waterways and Beach Activities Ordinance
In addition to the action above, the WCBCC has taken action to open all County parks and the Eagle Springs Golf Course. No more than ten (10) people and a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing shall apply at all parks and the golf course.
At this time, the Governor's Executive Orders 20-91 (Safer at Home) and 20-103 (Short-Term Rental Ban), continue to be in effect until April 30, 2020. The County will continue to monitor any action taken by the Governor regarding these or other Executive Orders, and will release information as it is received.
UPDATES AS OF APRIL 23, 2020
As part of the direction, Noyes will be drafting language that would allow all Walton County Beaches to open on May 1st with no time restrictions regarding access. Additionally, the following items are to be included in the language:
- Continue the ban on all beach vending
- Require that social distancing guidelines as put forth by the CDC are being adhered to
- Limitation of allowed activities in accordance with Governor's Executive Orders
This item will be included on the agenda for a final vote during the BCC's regular meeting on Tuesday, April 28th at 9:00 am